Book Your Next Party With Us
Experience the fun and excitement of mining for lost treasure!
Let Us Host Your Epic Party!
A variety of packages are available! Book your epic party today!
Mine Your Own Gemstones
Live an adventure from days gone by as you mine for crystals, gemstones, and fossils from around the world!
School Field Trips
Dark Woods’ Lost Treasure Mining Co is perfect for your next student field trip! Let your students experience the thrill of discovery in this epic mining adventure!
It’s like panning for gold!
- Water runs from a wooden water tower through a series of troughs called a sluice.
- Students pour the individually provided bags of mining “rough” into a screen tray and lower the tray into the trough of water. While sifting and shaking the tray, flowing water reveals an authentic assortment of gemstones, crystals, fossils, and more!
- After uncovering their treasure, students use the identification cards and Assay tables to accurately identify exactly what you have found with the assistance of our guides.
Just like the prospectors of old, students will get to travel backwards across the geological timeline as our guides discuss different rock
characteristics and formations.
What is included in the mining field trip:
Each sponsored school trip must have a minimum of 15 paid students.
Complimentary admission for one teacher per 15 students is included.
The cost of the adventure tour is $8 per person and includes:
- Discussion of rock types and their formations
- Natchitoches Parish Geology education
Mining activity with a bag of stones, fossils, and sand to wash in
- Mining Rough for each student
- Plastic bag for treasure take home
- Rock and Gem identification card
- Our facility is equipped to park multiple buses, and is handicap accessible.
Where Is Lost Treasure Mining Co. Located?
Lost Treasure Mining Company is an attraction inside Dark Woods Adventure Park in Natchitoches, Louisiana.
We are located just 1.5 miles east of I-49 at 4343 University Parkway, just minutes from Northwestern State University, Natchitoches’ National Landmark Historic District, Ft. St. Jean Baptiste State Commemorative Are, the National Fish Hatchery and more!
Our facility is equipped to park multiple buses, and is handicap accessible.
Field Trip Package:Prices Start At:
- 15 Bags Pay Dirt Gemstone Mining Rough
- 15 Educational Gemstone Id Cards
- 15 Take Home Collection Bags
- 1.5 Hours Reserved Picnic Area
Baker’s Dozen Mini Donut Order
Soft Serve, Dippin Dots, assorted treats
Extra Miners: $ 8 per Person (includes I Bag Mining Rough, ID card, take home bag for treasures)
Call Us NOW To Book Your Field Trip!
DARK WOODS’ LOST TREASURE MINING COMPANY
The crystal experience was incredible. Had so much fun. The cast members were all very nice, and I enjoyed every second of my time there.
– Alex N.
Had a blast here!! The staff was amazing and friendly. Can’t wait to visit again! Don’t forget to try the vanilla donuts with powdered sugar melts in your mouth!
– Jammie C.
We had such an amazing time, the staff were super friendly and made us feel right at home. There is so much variety in what you collected it was an awesome adventure for everyone involved. Best way to celebrate my littles ones adventure bday. Will be going back as much as possible. Keep it up guys, you are giving us something to do when we need it most.
– Jessica C.
The folks here are incredibly nice! They took the time to explain everything about the rock sluice to my kiddos and came around to see how we were doing through out our stay. I love the cute, campy outdoor environment, the snack shack is awesome. Everything is just awesome.
Purchase the Perfect Gift: A Card With A Value Of Your Choosing
Located just off I-49 in historic Natchitoches, Louisiana. The Lost Treasure Mining Company attraction at Dark Woods Adventure Park has been called “one of the most amazing hidden gems in Louisiana, and you’re not going to want to waste any time checking it out. ” ~ Only In Your State – Louisiana